Saturday, February 5, 2011

Staycation

So, this past week, I took a few days off while my bosses went to a conference in Hawaii.  I looked forward to the time off and had planned lots and lots of productive things to accomplish while at home.  But here it is, Saturday and I have only three more days before I have to go back to work, and I have accomplished almost nothing of what was on my mental to-do list. The following is a list of things I DID do in an effort to feel okay about what I did not do.
  • Painted my nails
  • Laundry
  • Drove to Georgetown to visit my Dad while he stayed a couple of days
  • Showed Maddie a little of Georgetown because of all the time I have spent there, I realized that it was her first time ever there. She said that the cathedral at G-town looked like Hogwarts when we were coming across the Key Bridge.
  • Dropped off Mac at school in my pjs (when she had it!)
  • Picked her up at school (when she had it)
  • Went to the grocery store
  • Spent some time at the MVA
  • Visited Wally World
  • Tweeted to make the Twerrible Towel spin
  • Wore the same pajama pants for three days (I know, I know... it's gross)
  • Read what seems like every blog on the internet
  • Mastered some Mahjong skills
  • Straightened out an issue with Delta about Mac's orthodontic claim
  • Shaved my legs
  • Considered coloring my hair, and even bought the color while at Wally World
  • Did the dishes a ZILLION times
  • Went to Nicholas' 9th Birthday party and had an excellent time with my family
  • Went to church
  • Adopted a wonderful new dog from the pound
  • Played Bubble Buster on my Android phone 
  • Did not care in the least what the weather report was
  • Made a list on the fridge white board of things I need to do and/or buy for the house
  • Ignored the list above
  • Made the following items for my family's enjoyment:
    • spaghetti sauce with meatballs
    • chocolate cake
    • Famous Dave's corn muffins
    • big ol' pot of chili
    • Auntie Anne's pretzels
    • banana pudding
    • cinnamon raisin bread (which didn't turn out that great)
    • fresh baked white bread
    • french toast
 OH MY GOODNESS! No wonder I did not accomplish anything on my staycation! Look at how busy I was!  What the heck?!  Well, I feel so much better about the whole thing now! As much as I'd love to continue chronically my amazement at the amazing things I've done this week, I really do have some things I need to do.... right after I check ICanHasCheezburger.com.

1 comment:

  1. Geez, you were busy! Look at all the stuff you normally wouldn't have accomplished without your scheduled staycation! I would say you were EXTREMELY productive!! Yay!! LiZ

    ReplyDelete