This week, we had my 15 year old nephew Andrew staying with us. I just have to say, I really enjoyed him being here. Usually when I see him, the rest of our families are together and everyone is being sassy and sarcastic. Beasley Family Functions are barrels of fun! But this week I got to spend some one on one time with him as I drove him to school in the morning and on the way home in the evening. I gotta say... it was very enlightening and I enjoyed his company very much! He is a sweet, thoughtful kid. I am still a little shocked at how one day he was a skinny little kid and now he's got a manly voice I can't recognize on the phone as his. He can stay with us any time!
Then Friday night, I picked up my almost 15 month old nephews and had them all weekend. I look forward to their time here so much and just LOVE seeing all the new things that they are doing now. They are so charming and sweet and such good babies! They never give Aunt Julie a hard time. Since there are two of them, I have to say, I would NEVER be able to have them without the help of Maddie. She is such a wonderful helper! She is going to make a fabulous babysitter in a few years and a great Mommy someday. She is very patient and even put on a great little play for them this morning to occupy them while I did the breakfast dishes. Having the boys gives me my baby fix for a while and I look forward to having them again for a weekend in July.
I joked with everyone that I only needed my nephew Nicholas here and I would have all my nephews under one roof with me. I don't know if my little house could handle it, since it felt like it might burst at the seams with all the gear the twins have! But I do look forward to having Nicholas over soon. He and Maddie get along so well and I am afraid that if I turn around, Nicholas will be calling me and I won't recognize his newly manly voice!! Don't do it, Nicholas... don't grow up! :)
On a personal note, I would like to express my appreciation and gratitude to my brother, Bob, for traveling to Canada to represent our family to mourn the death of our Uncle Jean-Guy. It could not have been easy, mon oncle was his God Father, and he drove all the way up and back in essentially 2 1/2 days. Dad has taken his passing very hard and was unable to travel. We are very fortunate that ma tante Anita and mon oncle Jean-Guy came to visit in the summer and then came to visit and help with Dad this Fall when he started chemo and radiation.I better get myself to bed, as this stupid time change garbage will have me all jacked up for weeks until I adjust and we have busy weeks still ahead. I'm gonna need a lot of coffee for this. A Lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment