The next two days will probably be the hardest two days of my life so far. I have had a couple days to get ready, but I could not feel more unprepared. Really... how does one prepare to say their final goodbyes to a parent?
My Mom asked me to write down some things about Dad to give to the Chaplin performing his funeral service so that he will know what kind of man Dad was. I have been sitting here thinking and I am having a lot of trouble completing this task. Not because I am unable to come up with many, many wonderful reasons that my Father was a tremendous man, but because I cannot come up with the right words to properly express what I want to say. The words just don't say enough... they just don't seem adequate, there are no words big enough to relay to someone who did not know Dad personally what a great man he was. It is a rare moment when I am at a loss of words, but that is where I find myself right now.
I wish you were here, Dad, to tell me that the words don't matter. That anyone who knew you already knows that there are no words to describe you. You were amazing. And I miss you.
My heart goes out to you and the family. I cannot imagine how difficult the next two days will be. We love you all so very much. xo, amy, alex, & georgie.
ReplyDeleteI dont know how you could ever feel whatever words you do come up with are adequate... All I do know is He was the kind of Father and Husband people dream of having and your family was so Blessed to have Him. My prayers are w/ your family.
ReplyDelete