I am a mother now, and so I know
Hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You learned that when you raised me long ago.
Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears,
Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--
All these you spent on me throughout the years.
You gave me strength and sweet security,
And then you did the hardest thing of all:
You let me separate and set me free.
A mother like the mom you were to me.
As I lounge in bed sipping coffee and nibbling breakfast pastries with my baby beside me, I am reflecting on Motherhood. My Mother was the most incredible example for me. She is patient, generous, loving, strong, capable, caring, and all the words in the world that equal the feeling you get from a warm hug from your Mom. I love my Mother for all the gifts that she has given and all the lessons that she has taught me in my life. I know that letting me live my life and make my own mistakes was so hard for her, but being the Mother that she is, she let me. Then when it was time, she was always there to pick me up, dust me off and help me find the right way. As a Mother now, I know that I have a lot of hard work ahead of me, but I am so thankful and grateful that I have my Mother beside me to help me along the way.
I love you, Mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment