Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy 43rd Anniversary


"Love begins in a moment, grows over time, and lasts for eternity."

I have been incredibly fortunate in my life to have borne witness to what is most likely the greatest love story of my lifetime. Today marks my parent's 43rd wedding anniversary. My parent marriage was truly the most shining example of what the partnership of matrimony should be. Two young people falling in love and nurturing that love into something that blossoms year after year, despite the storms of life.

"True love stories never end."

It has only been seven months since Dad passed away. This is the first time in 48 years that Mom has been without him. I cannot begin to imagine the heaviness of her heart on this day, of them all. But I know that the love they share is truer, stronger and more magnificent than most people could ever even dream about. That kind of love has a buoyancy that rescues a heart from sinking in sorrow.

"I will not love you for the rest of your life, but for the rest of my life."

Yes, I am indeed fortunate to have had front row seats to the greatest love story ever told. There were no epic, sweeping musical numbers, no passionate kisses among crashing waves. Just two people who stood by each other, held each other's hand and walked together through all the experiences of a lifetime.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment