I am thankful that Bellisimos now delivers to my tiny little town. Because its Friday, and I really, really don't feel like cooking on Fridays. Fridays are for winding down from a long week at work and preparing for Saturday and Sunday, not cooking. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of Fridays that I come home and cook, but lately I find myself avoiding it if I can.
In addition to not wanting to cook, I DEFINITELY do not want to have to leave my house once I get home on Fridays. Well, any night of the week, for that matter. Once I am home, home is where I wish to remain, thank you very much. Preferably in pajamas. Which is where I find myself on this rockin' Friday night. But I digress...
My little town has one pizza place and a little home style restaurant. Having lived here for a number of years, it is safe to assume that we have patronized these establishments. Regularly. Neither place delivers. It has gotten to the point when faced with the prospect of ordering from either place the general consensus is, "eh". We have one Chinese place that delivers out here from a neighboring town, but the food is mediocre at best. But they deliver, so that makes it the most delicious Chinese food ever made. But you're not always in the mood for Chinese.
A couple months ago some signs cropped up coming into my little town advertising that a different place delivers out here now. Whhhhhhaaatttt?! Of course we had to try them out. It was good. Really good. Reasonably priced. And they have a wonderful variety to choose from. BONUS!
For me it's the little things. Like a place that delivers AND actually has good food. Like being in pjs at 3:30 in the afternoon. Today, I am thankful for all of the above.
I hope the delivery guy won't judge me by my pjs... just in case, I better give him an extra big tip. ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment