Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful: Part 2

Alrighty people.  It's Thanksgiving Eve.  I find myself teetering on the precipice of The Holidays.  I am sooooo NOT ready for the hustle, bustle and crap that comes along with this season.  Not that I don't enjoy some aspects of this time of year.  I like making cookies.  I like the music.  I like the traditions.  And I love, love, love spending time with  my Family and Friends.  Which brings me to Part 2 of "Things I am Thankful For" - My Friends.


My Friends- A Poem
Some friends I have had forever and a day
Some friends are ones I have made along the way
Some friends are ones I rarely get to see
But every one of you means so much to me.

When we get together, we spill our guts
And usually eat while griping about our butts
We've talked, laughed, hugged and wept
Always knowing confidences are kept.

I feel so blessed and thankful today
The right words I can not always say
So know, friends, that until I've perished
Each of you will forever be cherished.

I would have written more, but Hallmark was calling begging me to begin my new career in card writing.  I hope that you all enjoyed my tribute and I would ask that you refrain from nominating me as poet laureate.  I've got enough crap to do to get ready for the holidays. 

Love you, Ladies- you know who you are ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment